Flex Aware and Flex Aware Connected Cable have a "Nickname" (e.g. "Front Door") to help you quickly know which asset is accessed in the mobile app and when you receive notifications.
After checkout, you can determine what to call your Flex Aware or Flex Aware Connected Cable. However, you may wish to change the name of your device (e.g., changing its use case).
This article outlines how to change the nickname of your device. You can follow these same steps to rename your mobile device (e.g. "Steve's iPhone)
How to Change the Nickname of Your Device
- Open the All Aware mobile app
- Tap the More Menu Button in the bottom right corner
- Tap Manage Devices
If you do not see the Manage Devices option, tap the back arrow in the top left corner of your screen, the tap Manage Devices
- Here, you will see a list of your mobile devices and Flex Aware devices. Tap the 3 dot icon (···) next to the mobile device or Flex Aware you wish to rename
- A pop-up will appear titled Actions. Tap Rename Device
- Rename your device in the text box, then tap Ok
You have successfully renamed your device. Your notifications and mobile app will now display the new nickname you have chosen.